enLabel Label Design Features
Desktop publishing label design features
- Intuitive interface with toolbars for ease of use.
- Multi-page document design allows you to create virtually any packaging document.
- Multiple labels on a page, means each label can contain different fields with different information.
- Rotate entire label after designing comfortably with label right side up.
- Full-Page layout mode lets you see the entire page, not just one label.
- Scratch area outside of page boundaries is handy during design phase.
- Rotate any object at any angle for total flexibility.
- Group, align and spacing tools for easy layout.and field manipulation.
- Layering lets you achieve different effects, control visibility and deselect layers to print.
- Rulers with configurable units (Inches, Dec. Inches, Millimeters, Centimeters, Points, Twips, Picas) assure precision in your label design.
- 40+ preferences to custom configure your work environment.
Label Editing features
- Printable or non printable comments stamped with editors initials can be placed anywhere on the label, allowing for collaboration in the design process.
- Freeform mark up of label with "pen- like" capabilities to circle, underline, etc let editors use commonly recognizable symbols.
- Full unicode spell checker
- Configurable auto save makes it easy to recover data if your system crashes.
- Passwords allow secure editing and printing.
Label design features
- Constant objects remain the same from one label to the next.
- Serial numbers increment or decrement on every label, every other label, or every X number of labels.
- Merge/Link Fields merge information from dBASE, Clipper, FoxPro, CSV Text or Windows CardFile databases and display the information on the label.
- Prompt At Print-Time fields can have a new value every time the label is printed, or you may enter the number of times that you wish to use the same value for the field.
- Supports 42 different date and time formats.
- ODBC object connectivity allows you to import Text, Bar code, and Picture fields from external database sources onto the label or template.
- Formula data type allows for calculation or concatenation of different label objects into string, number or date format.
- Includes over 1700 predefined label stock formats (3M, Brady, Avery, Compulabel, Eltron, EPC, Interstate, Kassoy, Maco, MASC, MEI, Nashua, NEBS, Seton, Silver Soft, United AD, Visible, Wieland, Z-Label and more).
- Includes hundreds of label templates (AIAG ANSI, AT&T, CTI, DOD, EIA, GM, JC Penny, K-Mart, Sears, UCC, Wal-Mart and more).
- Interactive template prompts you for any required data. Create your own and specify which fields will prompt user.
Bar code features
- Helpful bar code specifications and hints for each symbology.
- Supports over bar code 30 options including: Code 39, 128, 93 11, UPC, EAN, Bookland-EAN, Interleaved 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, MSI/Plessey, Codabar, POSTNET, FIM, PDF417 and Maxicode, DataMatrix and Aztec.
- Specify the density of your bar code in Dots, CPI, Mil, Percentage and Approximate Width.
- Interactively resize your bar code to fit the exact space available with no need to guess the appropriate density.
- Import and export pictures from 28 different graphics formats and hundreds of variants, including: JPEG, Kodak Photo CD, Photoshop 3.0, TIFF, PNG CompuServe Graphic Format, PCX, GIF, Windows & OS/2 BMP, Windows Metafile, Postscript Raster (EPS), WPG, TARGA, MSP, Mac Paint, GEM, CALS, Sun Raster, CMP.
- Extensive error handling aid in solving print time problems: Clipped Fields, Invalid Pictures, Invalid Bar Codes, High Resolution Bar Codes (hard to read), Empty Fields, and Empty Labels. After printing a summary report details any errors.
- Log collects data each time a label is printed.
- Supports any Windows-compatible printer.
- Spell check at production print
Help and documentation
- On-line help with hints and tips for bar coding and label design
- Help includes table of contents, index and glossary so you can find the answers for any of your questions.